WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/8/2019 5:38 PM  #1

Players leaving/ Players coming in

So sorry that we have lost Jamie Walker. He was a uniquely gifted footballer and along with the other players, gave us fans many magic moments over the last two years. Football fans and players have different ambitions. Fans stay loyal to their team but players need to do what's best for themselves. That is how it will always be. If a player can earn more money at another club, who can blame them if they leave? Players come and go but a club has to live within its means to survive. We have had two brilliant seasons which have cost the owner a lot of money. Clearly, that can not be allowed to continue and we now have to reduce our outgoings. Inevitably, that means some players will leave. Nothing stays the same in football and in time there will be new heroes.

Last edited by Matchman (06/8/2019 8:09 PM)

06/8/2019 8:18 PM  #2

Re: Players leaving/ Players coming in

Today has been a very productive day. League meeting at Warrington this morning attended by myself, Nick and Liam. This evening our new manager was revealed and he took training at the NMG. Reco attended training and there were several new players. Nick was particularly excited at the signing of one of the new players. This particular player had his photo taken ready to go on the club website and will be revealed soon.
There is plenty of more good news to come. Prepare to be surprised.

Last edited by Matchman (06/8/2019 9:00 PM)

07/8/2019 8:40 PM  #3

Matchman wrote:

Today has been a very productive day. League meeting at Warrington this morning attended by myself, Nick and Liam. This evening our new manager was revealed and he took training at the NMG. Reco attended training and there were several new players. Nick was particularly excited
at the signing of one of the new players. This particular player had his photo taken ready to go on the club website and will be revealed soon.
There is plenty of more good news to come. Prepare to be surprised.

If this is so well bring it on . Just lately Nick has been doing the right things for the club.

09/8/2019 8:35 AM  #4

The Club have now announced the following players have been retained.
      Lavell White
      Tom Marshall
      Conor Green
      Billy Bennett
      Fabian Smith
      Jermain Hollis
      Alex Marshall
      Reco Fyfe
      Matt Baker

New recruits so far :
      Richard Stainsby
      Ross Durrant
      Mitchell Robinson
      Jermaine Palmer
      Jordan Nadat
      Kevin Bastos
      Harry Wakefield 
      Mason Lee

With a few more players to come from higher levels, this looks a seriously strong squad.

Last edited by Matchman (09/8/2019 8:37 AM)

09/8/2019 4:43 PM  #5

Apparently Brandon Ganley has left the Club

15/8/2019 3:49 PM  #6

Another one signs .
Kieron Northwood from Walsall Woods . Midfielder.
Any who comes from the Woods must be good

15/8/2019 4:51 PM  #7

I know for sure that Nick was really excited about getting Kieran Northwood to sign. I don't know much about Dean Freeman but if he's played in the Football League he's got to be decent. Maybe another signing to come at 6 o'clock. Suddenly our squad to face Cleethorpes looks a little stronger.
With Worksop Town now coming to the NMG on Sat 24th August, our first three matches are a real test.
Cleethorpes home, Stamford away then Worksop home. What a start. I'll be very happy if we can to avoid defeat in all three.

Last edited by Matchman (15/8/2019 5:03 PM)

15/8/2019 6:45 PM  #8

I might be missing on the Worksop game . I told my Mrs after the cup game we wouldn't have a match . So we are off out .......

16/8/2019 8:32 PM  #9

Today defender Tyreece Robinson has  joined us on a month's loan from Mickleover Sports

Last edited by Matchman (16/8/2019 8:34 PM)

Board footera