WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/10/2019 4:08 PM  #31

Re: Sheffield FC v Ilkeston Town - Sat 5th Oct, ko 3pm - Live Updates

Great gesture by Ilkeston manager Mark Clifford. He just came onto the Supporters bus to thank the fans. He said something along the lines "Thank you for your magnificent support today- You got us over the line'"

Last edited by Matchman (06/10/2019 12:51 PM)

05/10/2019 6:26 PM  #32

After match thoughts :
Unbelievable turnaround. At 0-2 behind, there was no way Ilkeston looked like getting any kind of result. Ross Durrant had kept us in the match with a series of incredible saves. 
What an impact by Tom Fielding. He came on and took on Sheffield single handedly. He scored two crackers and gave the team a massive confidence boost.
Finally a brilliant header at the death by Tom Marshall. 
Sheffield were and are a very very good side. They must be wondering how they managed to lose.
Well done to the referee who was not fooled into giving Sheffield a penalty and booked their player for diving.

Last edited by Matchman (05/10/2019 6:47 PM)

06/10/2019 6:58 AM  #33

I managed to get back from the Lake District in time for the coach to this game WHen we went two nil down I wished I hadn't . But typically us fans never give up singing our heads off. On came the loan signing from Mansfield , Fielding which made a big difference. He took players on which the Sheffield couldn't cope with . His first goal was absolute cracker . When he scored his and ilsons second we were going mad behind the goal. But when the third goal went in ...WOW . the celebrations behind the goal was amazing .....

06/10/2019 7:00 AM  #34

I was really glad their player got booked for diving he was doing it all the game .

06/10/2019 11:52 AM  #35

It now appears that the scorer of Ilkeston's second goal was Shaun Harrad and not Tom Fielding. I was behind the opposite goal so could not see clearly. The tannoy announcer gave it to Fielding and I went along with that. Sorry for the error.

06/10/2019 12:56 PM  #36

My report on the game :

Sheffield FC   2  Ilkeston Town  3
Ilkeston bounced back from their defeat against Wisbech with a remarkable win against Sheffield. It looked like it was going to be back to back defeats when they trailed 0-2 but the introduction of Tom Fielding halfway through the second half changed the game. Defences were on top in the first half and the only way a goal looked likely was from a set piece. Ilkeston’s best chance was a Chris Robertson header which was only just wide. Sheffield came closer than that with a shot that hit the bar but it stayed goalless until half time. On 49 minutes Ross Durrant made an incredible double save but Sheffield took the lead four minutes later through an own goal. Chris Robertson was unlucky to divert a close range shot past Durrant. Sheffield doubled their lead ten minutes after that when Ryan McLean scored with a header. There seemed to be no way back for Ilkeston at this point. Tom Fielding was brought on for his debut and within a couple of minutes he’d lashed in a stunner. Ilkeston suddenly believed they could rescue a point and four minutes later it was 2-2 when Shaun Harrad scored. Both teams then went for a winner. On 74 minutes Durrant saved a thunderbolt from Michael Williams and on 80 minutes he denied Williams again as Sheffield looked to regain the lead they had lost. Ilkeston’s Reco Fyfe fired wide then there was a big penalty appeal by Sheffield when Mitchell Dunne went down in the area. The whistle went but it was to penalise Dunne for diving. Then on 90 minutes Ilkeston got the winner when Tom Marshall headed perfectly into the top corner. Sheffield desperately tried to come back in added time but the best chance fell to Fielding when Ilkeston broke free. 

Board footera