WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/10/2019 10:22 PM  #1

Ilkeston v Loughborough Dynamo ; Live Updates

This Saturday's fixtures (2nd Nov 2019)

Results can't be taken for granted but the top four : Carlton, Leek, Cleethorpes and Ilkeston will expect to win.

Belper Town v Newcastle Town                                    Belper now have to start to catch up their backlog
       Cleethorpes Town v Stocksbridge Park Steels           Cleethorpes should just edge it.
       Glossop North End v Carlton Town                             Carlton have a 100% away record
       Ilkeston Town v Loughborough Dynamo                    Should be a home win
       Kidsgrove Athletic v Frickley Athletic                         Kidsgrove will be expecting to win 
       Leek Town v Lincoln United                                         Should be home banker
       Market Drayton Town v Wisbech Town                       Improved Drayton will be looking for a back to back win
       Spalding United v Stamford                                         Stamford should win the Lincolnshire derby
       Sutton Coldfield Town v Sheffield FC                         Likely draw
       Worksop Town v Chasetown                                       Possibly Worksop's first draw of the season

Those Ilkeston supporters who went  to the Loughborough Dynamo ground for the Loughborough University FA Cup tie and stood at the pavilion end will remember how the vocal Loughborough Dynamo players enjoyed watching Ilkeston's misfortunes. Now is our chance to let them know that we are now a much better team.

Last edited by Matchman (02/11/2019 2:35 PM)

30/10/2019 7:43 AM  #2

Re: Ilkeston v Loughborough Dynamo ; Live Updates

Forgot about that so I hope this Ilkeston ram it down their throats . Just hope we can start a match . We just dont seem to start a game very well it takes us far to long . We still seem to play like individuals most of the game. ....
On paper we have a very good team but I still think we are playing catch up ....
Why are we too polite in games . Frickley were shouting for every foul even if there wasn't one anD IT WAS THE WHOLE TEAM AND BENCH.

30/10/2019 1:19 PM  #3

kevilsonlad wrote:

Just hope we can start a match . We just dont seem to start a game very well it takes us far to long . .

I think you're right Kev. The one game we scored early in and then followed it up with an outstanding team display was against Leek. I was so proud of our first half performance and I'm confident we would would not have lost if had Richard Stainsby not been dismissed. The game turned on the referee's decision and the fact that we didn't have a substitute keeper on the bench. Despite losing, this is the match I thought we played best in. It was a terrific effort against a really good side.

30/10/2019 2:59 PM  #4

Your right about the  Leek game Matchman! First 70+ minutes was the best I have seen us play this season against a very strong Leek side. It was an amazing performance considering we were late with the kit disrupting the team prep for the game. And your right the sending off of Richard Stainsby was harsh and they punished us dearly although I think Alex's dismissal however was entirely predictable.

31/10/2019 8:19 AM  #5

Again agreed about the leek game .
Going to be another hard game . I think every team who comes to the NMG wants to do us over which you can tell on the pitch and in the dugout. But really I don't blame them it's a good scalp to get at one of the better grounds.
If we can start off better in games will be good all of the game. But with me and other fans we forget we are playing non league and probably ask for too much .
But I think that's the trouble we are all passionate about our non league football .

02/11/2019 2:33 PM  #6

This afternoon's match is on after the match referee insisted on additional forking of the pitch.

Ilkeston Town team today is :
1 Ross Durrant, 2 Tom Marshall, 3 Ryan Campbell Gordon, 4 Fabian Smith, 5 Chris Robertson, 6 Kieran Fenton, 7 Rod Orlando-Young, 8 Jermain Hollis, 9 Alex Marshall, 10 Reece Fyfe, 11 Jamie Walker.
Subs :  12 Massiah McDonald, 13 Richard Stainsby, 14 Dean Freeman, 15 Mason Lee.

Loughborough Dynamo team :
1 Jason Alexander, 2 Carl Sibson, 3 Josh Egginton, 4Luke Thorogood, 5 Henry Eze, 6 Tyreece Robinson, 7 Will Norcross, 8 Curtis Burrows, 9 Alex Steadman, 10 Robert Norris, 11 Brad Munn.
Subs  : 12 Daniel Gordon, 13 Alfie Smith-Eccles. 14 Charlie Scanlon, 15 Bradley Fortnam-Tomlinson, 16 Manuchim Oke- William.

Last edited by Matchman (02/11/2019 2:47 PM)

02/11/2019 3:03 PM  #7

The  teams are out. Ilkeston to defend the car park end.   We're  off

02/11/2019 3:04 PM  #8

Goal  Alex Marshall with a header    1-0      2 minutes

02/11/2019 3:11 PM  #9

Nearly an equaliser straight away Steadman shot is just wide. Ball zipping about as expected. Saving tackle by Fenton at expense of a corner.        1-0      8 minutes

02/11/2019 3:20 PM  #10

ORLANDO YOUNG shot smashes against the upright on 12 minutes following nice Ilkeston move. Great chance forvAlex but a great tackle stops him. Steadman again close for Dynamo shot just to high. straight down other end Alex Marshall scores after great play by Reco.       2-0     16 minutes

02/11/2019 3:22 PM  #11

Hat-trick Alex Marshall belts in Orlando-Youngs cross        3-0     18 minutes

02/11/2019 3:26 PM  #12

Great possession by Ilkeston.  Marshall nearly on the end of another cross. Orlando Young just wide with a curler.      3-0     23 minutes

02/11/2019 3:34 PM  #13

Great cut back by Walker but no one on the end of it. Walker long shot pushed away by Alexander.  Reco starting to shine.  Great save by Alexander from Orlando Young.       3-0     31 minutes

02/11/2019 3:49 PM  #14

Alex nearly latches on to through ball. Ilkeston looking for more goals. Loughborough header just clears the bar.  Gibson off injured.   2 minutes added time. Gibson replaced by ex Ilkeston Charlie Scanlon.

02/11/2019 3:51 PM  #15

Half Time   :   Ilkeston  3  Loughborough Dynamo  0

02/11/2019 4:11 PM  #16

We're under way again.  Norcross fires over for Dynamo.Walker beats one defender but Dynamo clear.      3-0      50 minutes   

02/11/2019 4:19 PM  #17

Gordon fires well wide but decent little spell for Dynamo. Good block by Fenton.  Orlando young now injured. gate 482.   game has gone a bit scrappy.        3-0      60 minutes

02/11/2019 4:27 PM  #18

Munn with a chance but he puts it over the bar. Good save by Alexander from Reco. Bad foul on Walker. yellow card for Thorogood.     3-0     68 minutes

02/11/2019 4:38 PM  #19

Walker booked for not leaving the field on the nearest side. Mason Lee shot goes wide. Brilliant run and finish by Orlando Young makes it 4-0 on 74 minutes   Rod Orlando Young again   it's 5-0        76 minutes.

02/11/2019 4:51 PM  #20

Lee makes himself a great chance but his effort clears the bar. McDonald shot tipped onto post by Alexander. good save.  Reco limps off and is replaced by Dean Freeman.  nearly time     5-0 

02/11/2019 4:53 PM  #21

That's full time   

ILKESTON  5  LOUGHBOROUGH DYNAMO  0

03/11/2019 10:25 AM  #22

What a fantastic all round team performance by a Ilkeston side which looks like it's starting to gel and more through the gears.

In fact it could have been 6,7,8 maybe 9 if it wasn't for their keeper. Also a telling part was for the 1st time this season our midfield was running past our centre forward which in turn left space for others to run into.

I don't know where we keep getting our players from but the lad Fenton is a cracking signing. A ball playing centre half. If it was for Alex and rod I would give him man of the match.

Onto Alex I'm chuff to bits for the lad because in my eyes not a out and out finisher like Elliott was but he took is goals very well.

It was a strange atmosphere yesterday at the NMG. I don't if it was we were kicking the wrong way in both halfs or the Alan hardy cloud has been lifted off the club itself.

Anyway roll on Tuesday and hopefully a win which will put us into the last 8 of the DSC. I think we should look into winning this cup or making the final at lease

Board footera