WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/11/2019 6:12 PM  #1

Rod Orlando-Young

ORLANDO-YOUNG DEPARTS THE NMG       BY ILKESTON TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB 
Rod Orlando-Young joins Buxton Football Club.
The Club can confirm that this evening Rod has left for pastures new. He joins Buxton Football Club with immediate effect. Head Coach Mark Clifford said of the departure “I’m disappointed to see Rod leave, but after a lengthily conversation with him the draw of step three football was evidently the key factor. Buxton approached The Club and put in a 7-day approach of which we have had to accept despite efforts to try and keep Rod with us. I wish him all the best.”Everyone at The Club would like to wish Rod every success in his next move and we thank him for his efforts during his time with The Club.  

21/11/2019 6:32 PM  #2

Re: Rod Orlando-Young

I for one am disappointed  to see Rod leave. He's an exciting player with speed.  However he's only had two starts in the last six matches so who can blame for trying to get regular football.

21/11/2019 8:44 PM  #3

He does not seem to stay anywhere very long. I think he will always be seen as an under achiever if he does not show more staying power. However on his day he is a match winner and a lovely lad to boot. Ironically he could be facing Ilkeston next year either with Buxton getting relegated or Ilkeston getting promoted. then again he will have probably moved on by then.

21/11/2019 8:45 PM  #4

Just to add Orlando is on his fourth club thus season and its only November!!

25/11/2019 10:55 AM  #5

Matchman wrote:

ORLANDO-YOUNG DEPARTS THE NMG       BY ILKESTON TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB 
Rod Orlando-Young joins Buxton Football Club.
The Club can confirm that this evening Rod has left for pastures new. He joins Buxton Football Club with immediate effect. Head Coach Mark Clifford said of the departure “I’m disappointed to see Rod leave, but after a lengthily conversation with him the draw of step three football was evidently the key factor. Buxton approached The Club and put in a 7-day approach of which we have had to accept despite efforts to try and keep Rod with us. I wish him all the best.”Everyone at The Club would like to wish Rod every success in his next move and we thank him for his efforts during his time with The Club.  

Apparently the Buxton manager has now resigned :

Statement from Buxton FC :

"It is with great regret that Buxton Football Club has today accepted the resignation of First Team manager Paul Philips. Paul feels that his departure is in the best interest of the club. Last season he was successful in taking us to the Premier Division play-offs for the first time in eleven years but he is bitterly disappointed that the team has been unable to build on this achievement.Chairman David Hopkins said “The Board and I are sad to see Paul leave the club, he has been totally committed to the cause and incredibly hard working not only with the First Team but also with our newly formed Academy. We part on the best of terms and wish Paul every success in his ongoing football career”. Further news on the situation will be issued in the coming days. " 

25/11/2019 1:45 PM  #6

Thats odd! Lee Fowler did not last long after he signed Rod. The management left at Bradford PA as well. Has gainsborough Trinity had a change this season? Perhaps Rod should have a Government Health warning placed on him. 
I think Conor Green got sent off this weekend as well!

Board footera