WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/11/2019 9:59 PM  #1

Martin Carruthers

CLUB STATEMENT:
CLUB RESTRUCTURE BY ILKESTON TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB
The Club are delighted to announce the appointment of new Head Coach Martin Carruthers who joins us from Quorn AFC. Carruthers brings with him a wealth of football knowledge from both on and off the field, with his playing career spanning over 25 years, after starting out as a scholar in 1990 at Aston Villa. After spending time on loan at Hull City; he went on to forge a successful career at Stoke City, Peterborough United, Southend United and Scunthorpe United to name a few scoring over y147 goals throughout. His non-league playing career began in 2005 after joining Grantham Town and subsequently Ilkeston Town (initially on loan) in 2006. He became a player-assistant shortly after before joining Arnold Town in 2008. Martin went on to manage Basford United through five promotions during his time, with Mark Clifford as Assistant Manager, embarking on his last promotion with Basford United in the 2017-18 campaign, seeing the First Team snatch the league title with over 100 points. He joined Quorn AFC in May 2019 as First Team Manager. Mark Clifford will be stepping aside to move into his new role as Head of Football at the Club. This will allow Mark to focus on the off-field side of the business, alongside supporting Martin Carruthers.Mark Clifford said of the restructure “Martin has always been a key person I was going to bring to the Club when the time was right, and this initially was going to be at the end of the season. With becoming the owner of the Club, I felt the time was right now – but I want fans to be assured that I am not jumping ship, moving away or ‘sacking myself’ for that matter. I am simply doing what I feel is best now and what will be a pivotal time for the Club. I will remain a large part of the team and I won’t be far away from the dugout on matchdays. I’ll be there, in the stands with the ability to communicate with Martin providing my input where needed. Martin and I have worked extremely well together in the past, and I believe with his football knowledge and contacts in addition to mine we will grow this team and push for that promotion we all so badly want to achieve.”Mark Clifford will be overseeing more of the day to day running of the Club along with the investors who are making great strides in planning for the development.
Some of Marks role will include:
· Developing an Academy for 2020/21
· Developing an Ilkeston Town reserve/U23 team for 2020/21
· Develop Junior Section relationship and support with growth and retention
· Health and Safety aspects at The NMG
· Supporting the Head Coach and First Team Mark added “The Club is going from strength to strength and there is so much more to be done that I will be able to give my time to from taking a step back as Head Coach. 
Everyone has been working hard behind the scenes, and it can only get better for all involved. We will soon be announcing a new Pouring Rights partner, and I can confirm the 3G pitch has been ordered. I will step back into the dug out again as that is where my heart lies and ultimately that is what I want to do. I anticipate that may be in the Summer, however everyday is different in the football world and things may change again. We’re not trying to reinvent the wheel – but simply adding meat to the bones of what we already have in place. I’d personally like to welcome Martin to The Club and I truly believe this is a great step forward for the Club and I’m sure I’ll have the continued support from the fans as always.”Scott Goodwin will remain as Assistant Head Coach of the first team.The Club will bring a further statement from our new Head Coach in due course.#OneTownOneClub 

Last edited by Matchman (27/11/2019 10:20 PM)

28/11/2019 7:41 AM  #2

Re: Martin Carruthers

Great news ...on Martin joining the the club .   
3g pitch ??????????

28/11/2019 4:31 PM  #3

Ilkeston Town have announced the appointment of Martin Carruthers as their new manager.
Carruthers has played the game professionally for the likes of Aston Villa, Hull City, and Peterborough United, and has played non-league for Grantham Town and Ilkeston on loan in 2006. He previously managed Basford United through five promotions during his time, and joined Quorn AFC in May 2019. Mark Clifford will become Head of Football at the club. “Martin has always been a key person I was going to bring to the Club when the time was right," said Clifford. "This initially was going to be at the end of the season. With becoming the owner of the Club, I felt the time was right now – but I want fans to be assured that I am not jumping ship, moving away or ‘sacking myself’ for that matter. I am simply doing what I feel is best now in what will be a pivotal time for the Club.

There's nothing on the Quorn website yet.  Chairman Stuart Turner must be livid.  Not one to hold back with his opinions. 

Last edited by Matchman (28/11/2019 4:59 PM)

28/11/2019 4:49 PM  #4

Wonder who will pick Saturday's team. Will the formation change under Carruthers?  I expect there to be a few changes by Carruthers as he makes his presence felt. The players will know they are under scrutiny so hopefully we will see plenty of commitment and effort. Now that Orlando-Young has gone, the attacking down the flanks will have to be done by Campbell-Gordon and Walker. How we've missed young Thomas Fielding. Hope he has recovered from his injury. 
The match at Kidsgrove will be a test. There are no easy matches in this league. 

28/11/2019 8:04 PM  #5

This would be my Xmas tree formation

Durrant
Marshall T  Fenton Robertson Campbell-Gordon
                       Fyfe Smith Hollis 
               Raachi/Fielding Walker
                            Lambert
Subs from  Freeman Raachi/Fielding Stainsby Lee  Bell-Toxtle McDonald

Last edited by WhiteBallProject (28/11/2019 8:04 PM)

28/11/2019 10:26 PM  #6

Kole Lambert
                              Reece Fyfe, Jamie Walker
                   Fab Smith,  Jermain Hollis, Danny Racchi
Dean Freeman, Kieran Fenton, Christoper Robertson, Ryan Campbell-Gordon
                                        Ross Durrant                  

That's a Xmas tree

Last edited by Matchman (28/11/2019 10:32 PM)

29/11/2019 9:46 PM  #7

QUORN AFC CLUB STATEMENT -

CHANGES TO MANAGEMENT TEAM  BY DARREN KAY

Quorn AFC would like to announce that Martin Carruthers on Wednesday Night informed our Club Chairman, Club Secretary and 1st Team Players he has taken up an opportunity to become Ilkeston Town FC's 1st Team Manager with immediate effect. Whilst we are very disappointed to lose Martin we understand his reasons for leaving and he leaves us with our best wishes. Martin during his short time with us created a great morale within the football club and been instrumental in our excellent start to the season and our current 2nd Place in the UCL Premier Division. His last game with us was also our best game of the season. A 2-1 Victory over previously unbeaten League Leaders Shepshed Dynamo. Thank you Martin for everything you have done for us over your time with us from everyone at Quorn Football Club!. With this in mind - Quorn AFC would like to announce that as of this evening. Willis Francis has taken up the role of 1st Team Manager alongside Club Captain - Aaron Stringfellow who will become his Assistant Manager whilst also continuing his playing duties.Willis was Martin's Assistant Manager and we are delighted he has agreed to step up into his new role. Willis knows the players well and has a great rapport with them. He has worked with them for a few months already and we are sure alongside Aaron as his Number 2 will bring much and great success to our football club. There is no rest for our new 1st Team Management Team. A Home League Fixture awaits them tomorrow (Saturday) against Pinchbeck United.We will bring a statement from Willis and Aaron in due course.#QuornAFC #Foxhunters 

[color=inherit]Quorn AFC[/color] Retweeted[/url]  [url=https://twitter.com/Gandiman9]Martin Carruthers[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/Gandiman9]@Gandiman9[/url] Replying to[url=https://twitter.com/QuornAFC]@QuornAFC@willisfrancis85
A huge thanks to everyone at Quorn and I loved every minute of my time there. Willis and Stringers will do a great job and I’m sure they will continue with a win and continued success        

Steve Andrews[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/Steve18653]@Steve18653[/url]·3h Replying to[url=https://twitter.com/Gandiman9]@Gandiman9[/url][url=https://twitter.com/QuornAFC]@QuornAFC[/url] [color=inherit]and[/color][url=https://twitter.com/willisfrancis85]@willisfrancis85
Think you should get Steve Hart.

Last edited by Matchman (29/11/2019 9:55 PM)

04/12/2019 11:15 AM  #8

These have been our last five results following the 5-0 success against Loughborough Dynamo.

New Mills   (DSC)     lost   1-2    
Lincoln United          drew  2-2
Buxton   (L Cup)         lost  0-3
Stocksbridge             lost  2-5
Kidsgrove                  lost  1-4

We really need to turn this round quickly if we are to have any hope of finishing in the playoffs. The last two results are the most disappointing as conceding nine goals in two games is not what we're used to. Stocksbridge was a nightmare that shouldn't happen again and the Kidsgrove match had mitigating circumstances. The introduction of new players has an effect as it always takes time to gel. In my opinion we need a goalscorer to take pressure off the defence. I hope Kole Lambert can do that job. Why has Dean Freeman been out of favour? Why was Lavell allowed to leave? Why has Tom Marshall lost form? I've heard Thomas Fielding is near to recovery from his injury so that is good news. Racchi looked very good at Kidsgrove and I think Oxlade Chamberlain was unlucky to be faced with a crucial decision, after a promising start. 
Anyway, Good Luck to Martin Carruthers in sorting this out. He's the man to do it. It may take a few weeks  but we'll get there in the end. He will get the best out of his players. 

Last edited by Matchman (04/12/2019 11:17 AM)

05/12/2019 7:52 PM  #9

you mention the last two games about how many we have conceded . The Stocksbridge game was the first time I sat in the clubhouse for the second half because I was furious how we played in the first half. Yes we did play better later in the second but the damage had been done. 
The Kidsgrove game I thought going forward we looked really good BUT nearly every cross was met with a Kidsgrove header , and will looked a wide open in defence ……..

05/12/2019 8:15 PM  #10

Yes Kev we've had a few hiccups but we have to give a new manager time. Another signing to be announced tomorrow as Carruthers attempt to turn things round.

06/12/2019 8:49 AM  #11

I know full well it will turn around mate it's going to take a little time . Just hope we are firing on full cylinders during the Xmas games, as they are going to be really hard to get three points from .

Board footera