WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/4/2020 8:46 PM  #1

Looking forward to next season

Reasons to be cheerful :

When other clubs at our level are facing difficult times we are incredibly fortunate to have our current owners/investors.

It is possible that some of the teams in our league may not survive this crisis. One thing is for sure, the coronavirus pandemic will have an effect on non league football.  

At this time we are not sure when next season will commence but when it does we will be prepared. 

06/4/2020 12:40 PM  #2

Re: Looking forward to next season

How S/East Division Clubs Are Raising Funds

Clubs in the S/East Division have been responding to the challenges of the coronavirus outbreak, with some better off than others.With no revenue coming in and the need to have funds available to meet insurance premiums, utility bills and other costs, as well as prepare for the new season, rather than seek donations Chasetown Supporters Club have set up the Scholars Twenty20 Monthly Lottery. Cost is £5 per month and multiples of. The first draw will be on 1st May, with a £200 prize up for grabs. For full details visit www.chasetownfcsupportersclub.com

Frickley Athletic have been active in seeking donations, and had raised more than £500 in their first week of doing so.

Ilkeston Town say COVID-19 shouldn’t have any impact on their plans, with £250,000 worth of improvements still slated to take place over the summer. Boss Mark Clifford said: “We are fully aware how the current crisis is affecting other clubs but rest assured we are financially debt free and secure with all staff and players to be paid as normal, with no changes to key plans. “We will see this through, continue with the developments and add quality to the first team squad in preparation for the 2020-21 season.”Lincoln United’s club shop is still open for business, with orders being encouraged online to help support them through these difficult times, with Lincolnshire rivals Cleethorpes Town promoting the same.  

07/4/2020 6:08 PM  #3

Sutton Coldfield Town manager Neil Tooth says he will be trying to keep his squad together for a play-off push next season.

When the season was suspended, Sutton Coldfield were four points off a play-off spot in the S/East Division, albeit having played two games more than fourth and fifth placed Belper and Carlton.They lost in the last minute to high fliers Stamford in their last game, which ended a run of six straight wins that had propelled them back in to promotion contention.

Tooth told the club’s official website: “The aim at the start of the season was to have a go for the play offs and we certainly did that. “We may have left it a little late, who knows but one thing is for sure we have made the play offs twice before and both times we came with a late run to get in so why would this season have been any different?

“Every club dreams of a good run in the FA competitions and along the way in both competitions we knocked out three higher ranked sides and brought some welcomed prize money into the club. 

“We have continued to work with young hungry players and have again used the pathway from our youth sides into the first team with Dan Hurst, Joel Powney and Regan Ganley becoming established members of the first team squad. “When we look back its not been a bad season at all.

“The plan now is to get ready for next season and try and secure as many of the current squad as possible. We know the vultures will be circling as they always do but make no mistake we will be working very hard and doing everything we can to keep as many of them as possible.

”Sutton Coldfield beat Premier Division side Stafford on their way to the second qualifying round of the FA Trophy, while they also made it to the third qualifying round of the FA Cup, going down bravely 1-0 at home to Boston.

08/4/2020 10:52 AM  #4

Just the club can control them little brats . They maybe young but the abuse we got from them was terrible. Even worse were there stewards who thought was actually funny . I really wanted to have a go at their secretary but I went the right channels in putting a compliant in through Liam. Don't think he got an answer though . Has put me off going there again .

11/4/2020 2:30 PM  #5

It is now apparent that the planned Northern Premier League Step 4 expansion is not going to take place now so unless any teams in our league drop out we will be playing against the same teams as last season.

So how do we think Ilkeston will fair next season?

No two seasons are the same as clubs sign different players but the teams most likely to do well always tend to attract the better players.

The teams who finished in the top five are likely to be challenging again ie: Leek, Stamford, Cleethorpes, Belper and Carlton. Add to those five, Sutton Coldfield who finished strongly. So I expect these six to be in contention.
There is often a dark horse (Carlton last year) and next season it could be Ilkeston. With Dave and Andy backing us and wanting success we have every chance.

13/4/2020 11:03 AM  #6

Just depends on who we sign.

We need a forward a 20 goals a season forward. I think the club have made a massive mistake in letting Alex Marshall go. If he was still at the club would have ended top goal scorer.

Leek and Stamford will be up there but this league will not be easy

14/4/2020 6:07 PM  #7

I was wondering if the Northern Premier League might repeat last season's fixtures this season. If they did it would emphasis the fact that last season was null and void and all results had been expunged. 

Our first league match would then be home to Cleethorpes Town followed by Stamford away. That would be a testing start. 

Hopefully we will have a stronger side than last season and the manager will have had the benefit of a proper preseason.

We now have Joe Maguire and can anticipate more quality signings to boost our chances of a promotion challenge

It certainly will be interesting comparing last season's results with the new season's results.

If you enjoyed the 2018-19.promotion season, don't miss a match of the 2020-21 season. Join the Supporters Group and enjoy subsidised travel to away matches. The camaraderie at away games is unbelievable. If you would like to be more involved why not attend a Supporters Group committee meeting. (contact Alex Middleton or Kevin Cross)

16/4/2020 9:12 AM  #8

Matlock Town skipper Adam Yates will have to wait to make his milestone 500th appearance for the club.

He was set to celebrate the feat in the home game against Ashton United on March 17, before the coronavirus outbreak suspended the season.

But with records set to be expunged, he faces the prospect of going back to 469 appearances - how he started the 2019/20 season.

Yates told the club's official website: “When the Covid-19 situation arose, it was in the back of my mind that I might not make my 500th appearance. “Peoples’ safety and lives are more important, I just wanted people to stay safe. That day will come at some point, as a club we wouldn’t want people coming when it’s not safe to do so and the league eventually cancelled the rest of the season. 

“I wasn’t sure whether the appearances I made last year would count but it looks like appearances get expunged as well, it’s not ideal, it’s not great. “The Lads have scored some good goals so it’s hard to take but no-one expected the situation the world finds itself in at the moment.

”Last Thursday the Football Association ratified the decision taken by the Northern Premier, Southern and Isthmian Leagues to make the 2019/20 season null and void.

Yates agrees with the ruling but has sympathy for clubs in the leading positions in the leagues affected. “It could have been resolved in a number of ways and it must be terrible for the top clubs. I suppose we’ve had a bit of a reprieve although I think we’d have got out of it towards the end. “It’s a very hard one but I believe the right decision’s been made. 

“There was too many ifs and buts to make any other decision such as using the average points per game. We’d played only 28 games, some clubs had played thirty five or so, my gut feeling is that the decision’s the right one and that’s not because we’re near the bottom of the division.

”With players facing a longer than usual break from playing, they now face the dual problem of maintaining their fitness and staying safe as the Coronavirus continues to take its toll. “Everyone’s trying to keep ticking over and with the restrictions in place it’s easier for some rather than others. I work from home a lot which is quite helpful but with the nursery closed I also have to keep my young daughter entertained. “I’m managing okay though and we’ve been given training schedules and had bleep tests so we can be prepared whenever we return after this pandemic’s over.”  

Last edited by Matchman (16/4/2020 9:13 AM)

16/4/2020 6:40 PM  #9

Pinned Tweet 

Leek Town FC[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/leektown]@leektown  When the new season begins @leektown will thank NHS and all our key workers identified through this crisis by rewarding them with free entry to a game Further details to be announced when normality resumes

16/4/2020 6:49 PM  #10

Pinned Tweet 

Belper Town[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/BelperTownFC]@BelperTownFC·Apr 13 

How would you like to get your hands on one of these beauties? Season tickets are now on sale with big discounts on renewals.

All the details here
https://belpertownfc.co.uk/news/202021-season-tickets-now-on-sale-2528124.html  

16/4/2020 7:55 PM  #11

Frickley Athletic FC

We need your help, Frickley Fans!

As you’re all aware, we’re all going through some pretty extraordinary times at the moment. The football club has lost its main income stream – matchday income (gate money, programmes, half time draw, golden goal, bar takings).

So we’ve got to think of something different to try to raise some funds – as we’ve still got bills to pay.

You’ll have seen that the Media Boys are going to be live tweeting ‘virtual’ games every Saturday to try to give fans their ‘football fix’ – so we thought we might be able to raise some real funds on the back of these virtual fixtures. Shortly we will publish our ‘virtual’ squad list on the website – made up of current & ex players – these players are available for immediate sponsorship at £10 per player (although you can donate more than £10 is you wish & we will be very grateful for that).

We are also looking for match sponsorship for the upcoming virtual games – match sponsorship is available at £20 per game (again, you can donate more if you wish). You will receive recognition in our social media posts leading up to the game that you have sponsored. This is a vastly different option to our usual matchday sponsorship (which includes entry to a game & hospitality) but we are in very unusual times.

Previously we have operated a policy of only one sponsor per player or one sponsor per matchday, but as of now we are allowing multiple sponsorships – so if 25 of you want to sponsor Barry Gill, we are happy to accept your sponsorship.

We have set up a Just Giving page for anyone who wishes to sponsor a player (or players) or a match (or matches) or just to send in a general donation – all donations will help us to try to keep the club running during this difficult period. If you donate, could you add the name of the player (or players) or match (or matches) that you wish to sponsor in the message box.

lIf anyone would like to donate directly to the club rather than using the Just Giving option, please contact Phil@frickleyathletic.co.uk.

We know that these are incredibly trying times for everyone – but if you can afford to donate, no matter how large or small, it will help us to provide you with some actual football when life gets back to normal.

At this time there is no support available to us from clubs higher up the food chain or the FA, so every penny counts at the moment.

16/4/2020 8:30 PM  #12

Kidsgrove Athletic Coronavirus Newsletter

They say a week in football is a long time. Well if that is true, then the last three weeks have felt like a lifetime with so much going on.

We played our last game at Frickley Athletic on the 14th March drawing 0-0. Since then, our league has decided to suspend the division due to Covid-19, we've parted company with manager Ryan Austin after more than three years in charge of the club before appointing club legend Scott Dundas as the new manager. Also, our captain, Anthony Malbon, has agreed to sign a new deal to keep him at the club for another two years. That isn't even to mention that the FA decided to terminate the 2019/20 season between step 3 and step 6, that includes us. Here is a timeline of events since the 14th March.

14th MarchFrickley Athletic 0 v Kidsgrove Athletic 0. The last game that we played.
16th March
The Northern Premier League suspend all three of its leagues due to Covid-19.
19th MarchThe club parts company with manager Ryan Austin after more than three years at the helm.
22nd MarchClub captain Anthony Malbon agrees a new two-year contract with the club to take his time at least 2022.
23rd March
former all time top scorer Scott Dundas is appointed as the club's new manager.
26th March
The FA decide to terminate the 2019/20 season, they also Null and Void the season meaning no promotions or relegations out of the league will take place.

We don't know when football will return, but when it does, we hope to count on your support for the new manager and his team

Message from Ian Cooper, Vice - Chairman

The FA's decision to void the Non-League season has come under extreme criticism from some (not all quarters) primarily those who have suffered the unfortunate fate of missing out on promotion/league titles.
For those clubs who received the get out of jail card of not being relegated, there is an expected silence amongst a huge sigh of relief. 

No matter what the decision the FA simply couldn'twin.

We can only hope that there is a consistency throughout the whole of football now, not simply look after the big boys. 
For me the top club on a point per game basis in every division should have been pro- moted and if currently top of their division like South Shields. Leek Town, Workington, 1874 Northwich, Vauxhall Motors (already achieved promotion) and Lower Breck they should have been crowned champions. Likewise relegation of the bottom team in every division on the same basis. As harsh as it may sound forget the teams occupying playoff positions, there is no guarantee of who wins them anyway. I know how I would feel if it was Kidsgrove Athletic who had been top and missed out, it must be heart wrenching.

Our rivals and friends at Leek Town have shown incredible dignity following the decision.
Of course, the enforced break has caused lot bigger worries for clubs like ourselves, with no income whatsoever the day to day utility bills don't stop, then there is the small matter of renovating the pitch, players contracts before we come onto planning for next season.
Budgets, pre
-season friendlies none that can be organised until we have a definite return date, that's if we even get a start date in the next two months. By then it maybe too late for some clubs and I include Kidsgrove Athletic in that. Football aside, people's health is far more important. Football will return at some point we can't bring back those that we lose to this terrible virus. So please stay in, stay safe and pray for a return to normality. Oh and take time to appreciate what we do have and our wonderful NHS staff and other key workers.
Take Care, Coop

A note from media man Callum Crabtree

Being a part of the media team at the club has been a fantastic, hands on experience working within the clubs set-up.I’ve expanded my skills greatly in numerous areas of the profession including: Live tweeting, match reports and Website Con-tent amongst many others. The club has a very close knit family type bond which is apparent to see straight away, and I felt like I was apart of that from the very start. Ryan Austin was a very approachable and forthcoming manager who was always willing to speak no matter how good or bad the previous result was and helped me hone my interview skills and for that, I thank him a lot. Being apart of the media team is just that, a team. Head of Media Richard Scott has been very helpful and his passion for the Non-League game is incredible, and helped me along the way with constructing pieces for a Non-League audience. It was also a pleasure to share a press box with Ben Durber who exudes enthusiasm and as a team we worked very well. For any student reading this, I would jump at the chance to work for Kidsgrove as you can come forward with any ideas and work with less restrictions than you would at a professional club to really show off your talent and enthusiasm. My final thanks would go to everyone behind the scenes at the club, including Ian Cooper who allowed me to be apart of the media team throughout the year. From free food to free travel to away games, the volunteers who go the extra mile to ensure everyone is looked after are truly the one’s who keep Non-League Football going.
Whenever the Football season starts again, I’ll most certainly be looking out for the Grove’s re- sults going forward. We would like to thank our supporters for all of their support during the season. You’ve had to make sure really long distance trips to the likes of Cleethorpes, Spalding and Gainsborough Trinity. We hope that when everything blows over you can continue to support us. Also we ask that you support as many of our sponsors as possible. Like everyone they’re finding it hard due to the current situation and would greatly appreciate your support to get things back on track.

Last edited by Matchman (16/4/2020 8:46 PM)

17/4/2020 12:32 PM  #13

STATEMENT FROM THE CHAIRMAN

Following the massive disappointment to the abrupt ending of the 2019/20 season. I am delighted to announce that Graham Drury has committed to remain in charge of Stamford AFC for next season. It is fantastic news to have secured Graham’s services for the next campaign and we hope that we can begin it where we left off! Graham is a pleasure to work with and I believe he is vital in helping with the clubs development and ambition in our quest for higher level football in the football pyramid. His non stop and hard working attitude along with his player knowledge and contacts are second to none .
I believe that it was our best season for many years with a fantastic attacking style of football being played. Grahams recruitment close season was superb with virtually a whole new squad being assembled who immediately gave 100% commitment to the club with their fantastic attitude and skill. The team worked and gelled together very quickly and at the time of ending the season , were just two points off being top of the league and chasing league leaders Leek Town hard. With 22 wins from the 29 league games played and winning our 7th game in a row on 14th March , we were extremely confident of achieving promotion at the end of the season.
I would like to thank each and every member of the playing squad who I believe put in some fantastic and memorable performances .However with the impact of the Covid-19 outbreak , the FA decided that all non league steps from 3 to 7 should be null and void with no promotion or relegation .
Stamford AFC were supportive in putting its signature to a joint letter of over 150 football clubs to ask the FA to reconsider their decision with our preferred option being that league positions be decided on a points per game method which would of meant Leek Town and Stamford AFC both being promoted to step 3 . We have however received confirmation from the FA that their original decision has been ratified and all results from the season 19/20 have been expunged , much to our disappointment.
With the ending of the season , I would like to thank Graham and his staff for all that they achieved last season and as a club , we aim to be even stronger next season with promotion our only objective . I would also like to thank all the staff and volunteers who work so hard for the club . A massive thank you also to our supporters who have been magnificent this season with growing numbers both at our home games at the Zeeco stadium and at away games where the following has been superb. I hope that all of Stamford AFC supporters have enjoyed and appreciated the style of football that we have seen during the season . I would also like to say that Stamford AFC are incredibly grateful to our existing sponsors for their continued support and we will continue to talk extensively to existing and potential sponsors to secure further financial support as we work to further our progress and go higher in the English football league pyramid.Despite the challenging times that we are all experiencing with Covid-19 , on behalf of the Stamford AFC board , I would like to reassure you that we remain confident that we will come out of this difficult time stronger. I feel the club is making great progress on and off the pitch and I look forward to reporting more significant news shortly. We will of course keep all informed of any club news on our club website and our social media pages . Club news will also be shared and carried by local press and radio , who of which we thank for their support and coverage of The Daniels.
In the meantime , on behalf of the Board of Directors and all involved at Stamford AFC , please stay safe and follow the guidelines issued by the government and public health England for Covid-19 . I hope to see you all at the Zeeco stadium soon.!
David Whitby
Chairman 

17/4/2020 1:20 PM  #14

Scott Dundas the new Manager of Kisdgrove Athletic is an Ex Robin who played for Ilkeston under the management of John McGinley.

17/4/2020 6:24 PM  #15

Its goming to a long wait for any news on the playing side for us and all other non league sides . It will go mental with clubs looking for the players they are looking at . No doubt there will be fans thinking now the club has had to put off redoing the pitch as a negative but this really cant be helped . Its the same for all other clubs everywhere i:e Miclkeover they have had to do the same ……..

18/4/2020 1:33 PM  #16

Lincoln United have appointed a new executive board, following their amalgamation with Hykeham Town.

Lee Griffin, who oversaw the link-up and founded Hykeham back in 2014, has been appointed chairman and will undertake financial director responsibilities. Barry Clements continues as the Club's Vice Chair, providing much needed continuity and historical insight of The Whites. Outgoing club chairman Ian Beaumont said: “As previously announced, Lincoln United have joined up with Hykeham Town, which in my opinion has and will guarantee a great future for The Whites.

The amalgamation has formed a fantastic Board of Directors with a mix of Hykeham Town FC Directors and the existing Lincoln United Board. “There is much work to do integrating the two clubs, but I am confident we are again on the right track. I have made the difficult decision after nearly ten years to step down from my duties at the club and pass the Chair’s duties over to Lee Griffin, who I know will work as hard as we have tried to do, ensuring not only the clubs survival but substantially moving forward Lincoln United FC forward.

“I can honestly say during my time at Lincoln United, I have made so many fantastic friends and had some great times along the way; culminating in 2016 when, against all odds, we made it to the playoffs. Furthermore, the following season in my first stint as Club Chair, we had several great cup runs, picking up some well earned prize money along the way, whilst also winning the Lincs Senior Cup for the first time. I have had very special times shared with very special and hard-working people, including our amazing sponsors who have stuck with us through thick and thin.

“I know football is the last thing on people’s mind at the minute, so I hope everyone is staying safe and keeping well. Hopefully we can all get through this and get back to our lives soon. “I wish Lee, the new board and everyone involved at Lincoln United all the very best. I will of course be watching most Saturdays (home and away) as a supporter. Good luck guys!"

Mark Hodds takes over as club secretary from Andy Laver, who steps down after many years of service, while Chris Funnell is the newly appointed Director of Football. Also on board are Laura McWilliams (Marketing Director) and Glen Merryweather (Commercial Director).

New chairman Griffin said: "Making the decision to lose the Hykeham Town FC badge and brand, after 6 incredible seasons was very difficult, especially as the founder of the club. However, the decision to amalgamate with a club that has a rich history and the facilities to become a true community club, was absolutely the right decision.
“Whilst this pandemic represents a difficult time in history, the lockdown has presented an opportunity for the new board to get a lot of the transitional work done behind the scenes.

We are now entering a transformational period in the club’s history, with a renewed focus on getting it right off the field, as well as on it. To do this, we will balance the playing budget with much needed stadia investments, that will ensure the sustainability of the club and unlock the capability to progress on the pitch.
“I would like to sincerely thank all of the HTFC Family for everything they did to make the club a huge success, many of you are making the move across to The Whites, which is very pleasing. I’d like to thank Ian, Barry and Andy for believing in us and making the brave decision to amalgamate the clubs. I’d also like to thank a few influential people for their contribution in making this happen.”  

18/4/2020 3:22 PM  #17

The period between football seasons for non-league football clubs like Ilkeston is five months this year. This is an eternity for supporters to wait but It gives clubs time to prepare assuming they manage to survive the consequences of coronavirus.

I think next season’ s promotion battle in our league will be a really close contest between several clubs. As we found last season there are no easy games.

Last season we were playing against teams who we had little knowledge of whereas next season we will know something about the way teams play and their grounds won’t be new to us. 

One thing we will have in our favour is that we have the biggest and best support and as the 2019-20 season has been declared null and void we have a second chance to make it a hat-trick of promotions in three seasons. What an achievement that would be. 

Last edited by Matchman (18/4/2020 3:24 PM)

18/4/2020 7:43 PM  #18

Stamford have announced that manager Graham Drury has committed to the club for next season.

The Daniels were in title contention in the S/East Division, before the premature end of the 2019/20 campaign.
Chairman David Whitby said: “It is fantastic news to have secured Graham’s services for the next campaign and we hope that we can begin it where we left off!  “Graham is a pleasure to work with and I believe he is vital in helping with the clubs development and ambition in our quest for higher level football in the football pyramid. His non stop and hard working attitude along with his player knowledge and contacts are second to none.

“I believe that it was our best season for many years with a fantastic attacking style of football being played. Grahams recruitment close season was superb with virtually a whole new squad being assembled who immediately gave 100% commitment to the club with their fantastic attitude and skill. 

“The team worked and gelled together very quickly and at the time of ending the season , were just two points off being top of the league and chasing league leaders Leek Town hard.

“I would like to thank each and every member of the playing squad who I believe put in some fantastic and memorable performances.

”Stamford had won 22 of their 29 games during the season, losing just three times. They sat two points behind Leek Town, though the leaders did have a game in hand, and 13 points ahead of third placed Cleethorpes.

18/4/2020 7:54 PM  #19

Ilkeston Reveal New Kits

•  

llkeston Town have revealed their new home and away kits for the 2020/21 season.

Made by kit provider TAG Sportswear, the new kits and training wear will be used across the club from under 7s through to the first team.The home kit was designed using past Ilkeston colours, combining them right down to the gold piping in order to create a completely new brand.

Ilkeston Investor David Hilton said: “The stripes will now form a big part of the club’s identity moving forward.

”The away kit was designed by Robins supporter Joe Bone after the club ran a competition asking supporters on social media to come up with their best designs. The club then chose their three top designs and put them to a vote on their social media pages. Joe saw his design win with the highest number of votes across all pages and will see the Robins play in his designed kit next season.

The new kits for the forthcoming season will showcase the new club crest for the first time. The crest was released in October 2019 and embraces both the future and the history of the football club. It also incorporates references to the town itself, even applying the town’s motto as the club’s own.

The new crest also references to the extremely important mining past of the town, with the New Manor Ground being located above an old mine itself. The foundation of the club at the end of World War Two and keeping the old logo within the crest are all highly significant attributes.

Head of Football Mark Clifford said “ These are very exciting times for the club and I know the amount of time that David spent researching the town and the club alike, there is an excellent range of kit from hoodies to polo shirts that will be available for all supporters to purchase and we expect these to go on general sale before the start of the season.

20/4/2020 6:34 AM  #20

Clubs around the Northern Premier League continue to provide updates on their current situations.

Tadcaster Albion have thanked their local council for a grant of £5,000 towards the club’s costs of cleaning, repairing and eventually redeveloping the clubhouse following the recent floods.It is expected the costs to restore the ground will exceed £40,000, with five lost home matches due to the coronavirus lockdown adding to Taddy’s troubles.

Another club hit by flooding in the past season is Belper Town, and their managing director Dave McLaughlin issued a lengthy statement on the current situation, where he revealed they are launching a ‘100 Club’.In it, he said: “The sad reality is that we no longer have any income from football or commercial activities yet we still have contractual and other cost commitments to fulfil.“We are not alone in this and we may be better placed than some to overcome the difficulties but the size of the problem cannot be underestimated. Some clubs at our level may not even survive to start the new season, whenever that is.“Our ambition remains as high as it ever was but we have to acknowledge that the future non league landscape is likely to be vastly different to the one that ended so abruptly a month ago.

”Marske United have raised almost £2,500 through their fundraising efforts.That was despite an unfortunate distraction that saw the club alerted by a local resident that two wooden fence planks had been smashed to gain entry and there was a strong smell of gas.It was found that thieves had cut through a mains gas pipe supplying the clubhouse and stolen the resulting length of copper pipe, and could have caused a major incident for the Marske area. The club thanked local residents, British Gas, Billy from WB Property Repairs and Mike and Jackie Pengilley for their help in resolving the situation.

Brighouse Town have become the latest club to launch a Crowdfunding page.A Brighouse spokesperson said: “The current situation is a threat to many football club’s continuation and existence and we are no different. We are looking for help from the football family the local community and business to help the football club fill this gap. “Without the community, Brighouse doesn’t exist. Everyone at the football club thanks you for your support any amount no matter how small will go towards ensuring the future of the club”

Carlton Town’s Dave Hodgson has thanked everyone for their response to an article with chairman Mick Garton in the local press, which has opened up some doors for the club to raise money in these difficult times.

Workington have now raised an astonishing £14,130 through their fundraising efforts, towards an initial target of £20,000 set by the club’s board of directors.Cleethorpes Town have set up an online shop to enable supporters to purchase items.

The Frickley Athletic Supporters’ Club have donated a “significant amount” of money to help the club, which will be spent on some urgent ground grading requirements as well as supporting the club’s cashflow.A spokesperson said: “The club is hugely thankful both to the Supporters’ Club and indeed everyone else that has stepped up, donated, offered help and is giving support.”

Last edited by Matchman (20/4/2020 6:35 AM)

21/4/2020 6:24 PM  #21

CLUB UPDATE from Mark Clifford 

We would like to inform you that myself and the investors have made the difficult decision to suspend the 4g pitch installation for a twelve month period. This may come as no surprise to most of you during the current pandemic, but we felt it was necessary to confirm the reasons behind our decision.

The main factor in this decision is clearly the unavailability at present of contractors and suppliers due to the Covid-19 outbreak. Without clear guidelines as to when work could commence, along with the clubs strong ambitions and expectations for next season, we felt it was vital that after securing the clubs future off the pitch that we now focus on progressing on it.

We are adamant that the club should be fully prepared for the season ahead and simply will not allow any of Martins plans or the clubs pre season preparations to be hampered by any self inflicted delays or uncertainty.

All at the club strongly feel this is a sensible approach and that the decision has been made at the correct time.
We would like to strongly reiterate that this is a twelve month delay only with planning permission already granted.
There is a complete frustration felt by us all at the club.

On a more positive note the current grass pitch is receiving a full refurbishment at present and will certainly be completed in time for a hectic pre season, along with other works to be carried out around the stadium throughout the summer. These works will be less impactful should they not be completed in time for our pre season and updates will be provided as and when the works commence.

We are also in talks with both existing and targeted playing staff and expect forthcoming announcements to heighten the excitement for the 2020/21 season.Thank you for your understanding and to you all, stay safe.

Mark Clifford

24/4/2020 7:43 AM  #22

Just shows what intentions these new owners want to do for the club. They are well upset that the club can't get the pitch done this year . But they just take it on the chin and get on with revseeding the pitch and getting rid of the old hoardings . Plus no doubt other stuff as well. Great times ahead with these owners.

24/4/2020 9:25 PM  #23

kevilsonlad wrote:

Just shows what intentions these new owners want to do for the club. They are well upset that the club can't get the pitch done this year . But they just take it on the chin and get on with revseeding the pitch and getting rid of the old hoardings . Plus no doubt other stuff as well. Great times ahead with these owners.

You are so right Kev. At this difficult time, we are incredibly fortunate  to have Mark Clifford at the helm with Dave Hilton and Andrew Nally backing us.

Whereas some clubs at our level will be fighting for survival we are looking forward with anticipation. 

We are also fortunate to have many other good people at the club. We have a good manager and assistant in Martin Carruthers and Wayne Hallcro and the following excellent people working behind the scenes.  

We have Mark Frost, ITFC Operations and Juniors Manager
We have Liam Attwood, Club Secretary
We have Mike Pike , Groundsman
We have Kelly Pike, Clubhouse manager and her lovely staff
We have Graham Seviour, Head of Security
We have Tony King, Hospitality and looking after the dressing rooms
We have an excellent media team, Mark Duffy, Danny Draper, John Shiels, Lewis Allsopp
We have John Shiels, Matchday Programme Editor 

We have Lee Prewitt, Photographer. 
Positon available  -   Kitman. 

We have Alex Middleton, Supporters Group Chairman, 
We have Kevin Cross, Supporters Group Secretary, 
We have Liam Attwood, Supporters Group Treasurer
We have Tim and Annette Broadbent, Supporters Group Membership,
We have Zane Henson, Supporters Group Travel

What a team !

24/4/2020 9:55 PM  #24

Heanor Town FC :

H•FEST Heanor Music Festival -

Sunday 30th August -12:00 -The Town Ground -Free Entry -Line Up Announced Soon

Last edited by Matchman (24/4/2020 9:59 PM)

25/4/2020 10:01 AM  #25

Oh dear, hope it doesn't come to this. Piece on the BBC ...

No football to 2021 in the non-league?

This is a very real possibility. There has been a suggestion even clubs in the National League are thinking about this as the impact of a statement by the government's chief medical officer Chris Whitty on Wednesday, when he said "highly disruptive" social distancing would need to be in place for "really quite a long period of time", sinks in.

Lower down the pyramid the situation is stark.

Should the current limit on gatherings be extended to just a small number of people, BBC Sport has been told by one league official there would be 'no point' in matches behind closed doors.

Below the National League, where there is no TV deal, virtually all revenue comes through supporters attending matches, either by their admission money or cash spent on food and drink, programmes and even raffle tickets.

And, unlike the National League and beyond, where clubs have primacy of tenure over their stadiums, at non-league level shared facilities and rented grounds mean extending seasons is a logistical impracticality.

It leaves many leagues and clubs in limbo and wondering whether there will be any play next season at all.

26/4/2020 2:32 PM  #26

So the coronavirus has conspired to give us another season of grass football  at the NMG therefore It would  be great if we could win promotion on our superb grass surface.. Whilst we all accept  that an artificial  pitch is the way forward it will not break our hearts to have another season on grass.  I know that many officials from visiting clubs expressed  disappointment  when told of our plans.  Many have said that our ground and pitch is the best in the league and that they really look forward  to coming here.

Last edited by Matchman (26/4/2020 2:37 PM)

26/4/2020 10:05 PM  #27

And that's one of our biggest problems. I said this for years our playing surface is to good.

When you walk into the ground and see our playing surface. I bloody fancy a game because if you can't play on there you might as well pack in.

27/4/2020 1:47 PM  #28

Basford manager Steve Chettle has secured five signings to kick-off the club’s objective to attract the best young players in the region.

Fringe first-team players Rev James, James Carvell and Wyade Hines have penned new deals, while the club has also signed two from elsewhere.
Striker Niall Towle, 19, joins on a two-year deal with a third-year option from Long Eaton, while a second signing also on a two-year deal will be revealed at a later date.
Chettle said: “It was always within our plans to find and recruit exciting young talent for Basford United. We have been monitoring all of these players last season and we are now delighted to have them on board. "During pre-season, they will all be integrated into the first-team squad for pre-season training sessions, and in the pre-season games schedule that we are finalising.
”Winger James, 20, broke in to the first team at the back end of the season, making five appearances, and has signed a two-year deal.
Striker Hines, 16, signed back in March from Eastwood, is dubbed as “an extremely mature and powerful striker for his age” by the club.
Completing the trio is former Barnsley trainee Carvell, 22, who signs a one-year extension. He ended the season on loan at Belper Town, scoring one goal in three appearances. He was also on the scoresheet for Basford earlier in the season against Lancaster, one of four games for his parent club in the 2019/20 campaign.

27/4/2020 9:11 PM  #29

Matchman wrote:

kevilsonlad wrote:

You are so right Kev. At this difficult time, we are incredibly fortunate  to have Mark Clifford at the helm with Dave Hilton and Andrew Nally backing us.

Whereas some clubs at our level will be fighting for survival we are looking forward with anticipation. 

We are also fortunate to have many other good people at the club. We have a good manager and assistant in Martin Carruthers and Wayne Hallcro and the following excellent people working behind the scenes.  

We have Mark Frost, ITFC Operations and Juniors Manager
We have Liam Attwood, Club Secretary
We have Mike Pike , Groundsman
We have Kelly Pike, Clubhouse manager and her lovely staff
We have Graham Seviour, Head of Security
We have Tony King, Hospitality and looking after the dressing rooms
We have an excellent media team, Mark Duffy, Danny Draper, John Shiels, Lewis Allsopp
We have John Shiels, Matchday Programme Editor 

We have Lee Prewitt, Photographer. 
Positon available  -   Kitman. 

We have Alex Middleton, Supporters Group Chairman, 
We have Kevin Cross, Supporters Group Secretary, 
We have Liam Attwood, Supporters Group Treasurer
We have Tim and Annette Broadbent, Supporters Group Membership,
We have Zane Henson, Supporters Group Travel

What a team !

don't forget your good self mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great live reports , Great summaries . Great reports and more THANKS

29/4/2020 8:32 AM  #30

Carlton Town joint manager Tommy Brookbanks says he is upbeat about the future of the club, after it received a rates grant from the local council.

The £10,000 grant from Gedling Borough Council will help the club pay their ground rent and insure the stadium. It comes on the back of the recently launched 100 club initiative.

Brookbanks has also had positive conversations with his players, who were on the verge of the play-offs when the season was brought to a premature end.

He told the club’s official website: “We had the same momentum as when we took Coalville up, I could really feel it and the good news is those players want to go again.

“We had already contracted some of our key players for next season before all this took hold and the remaining players in the squad have verbally told me, they wish to stay and complete unfinished business.

“This is very much a young squad and myself Mark and the coaching staff feel they can develop even further next season.

“No future potential signings have been contacted by us as a club at this stage as we feel it’s not morally correct to do so in these trying times, even though other clubs have been talking to our lads, all be it before the official end of season date which technically is not until next weekend. That is their prerogative, but contracts for example are still running till then.  

Last edited by Matchman (29/4/2020 8:37 AM)

Board footera