WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/4/2020 10:50 PM  #1

Steve Chettle Promotion Aim

Chettle Has Double Promotion Aim

•  

Basford United boss Steve Chettle has praised club chairman Chris Munroe and says they are aiming for two promotions in the next three seasons.

Chettle had Basford well and truly in play-off contention in his first season in charge, only to see any hopes of promotion ended by the premature curtailment of the campaign due to the coronavirus outbreak.

He told the club’s official website: “The club’s in a really good position to and we’ve got a really good chairman who knows what he’s doing.

“He’s concerned about players and everything else and he’ll make sure we survive so for one I’ve got a great chairman.

He gave me a four-year-plan and year one has been null and voided so we might have to cut costs this year and plan accordingly but now I want to aim for two promotions in three seasons instead of four which is going to be a tough challenge.

”
The club haven’t hung around in the interim, signing Marcus Marshall from Matlock Town for an undisclosed fee, re-signing Kyle Dixon and handing a new deal to vice-captain Stef Galinski. Chettle added: “Stef started every game last season and is vice-captain. It’s been organised for a while so we’re happy to have it over the line.

“We’ve resigned Kyle who I know from Notts County and Ilkeston and Marcus Marshall too who is a proven goal scorer. He has a good profile having played for Blackburn and in other higher divisions too- that’s what we need to take this club forward.”  

Last edited by Matchman (15/4/2020 10:51 PM)

Board footera