WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/5/2020 4:11 PM  #1

New signings but Ilkeston favourite moves on

Ilkeston Town FC twitter reports that Kieran Wells has left the Club. Wells was a big favourite with fans.

A big disappointment which unfortunately dulls tonight's announcement of a new signing.

Last edited by Matchman (23/5/2020 2:37 PM)

22/5/2020 6:53 PM  #2

Re: New signings but Ilkeston favourite moves on

Agreed .... I am sure the club have got someone lined up already .....

22/5/2020 8:16 PM  #3

After the disappointment of Kieran Wells leaving, I'm now elated at the signing of James Reid. Always been a fan of his. I'll never forget how he won the Derbyshire Senior Cup final for us after he came on as sub at Chesterfield.
Quality signing !

23/5/2020 6:57 AM  #4

Yes still a quality player. Be interesting to see who they come up with for a striker . Was this a last minute thing from Wellsy ? If so has that dropped the club in it as in trying to get another striker?.

23/5/2020 1:29 PM  #5

I think Kieran Wells has signed for Sherwood Colliery a team he has played for before.

23/5/2020 2:43 PM  #6

Two more good signings in Alex Troke and Riece Bertram.

Alex Troke played against us last season for Bedworth United in the FA Trophy .

Riece Bertram was in the successful Belper Town side last season.

23/5/2020 6:43 PM  #7

Riece did a pre season with us and looked useful but moved on before the season started.

23/5/2020 7:27 PM  #8

I remember Riece Bertram playing for us in last season's preseason  and being impressed with him. I was hoping we would sign him then but it wasn't to be.

According to the BetVictor Southern League website Alex Troke is 26 years old, forward player, made 27 league appearances for Bedworth United (played in every league game) and scored 9 league goals. 

According to the BetVictor Northern Premier League website Riece Bertram (defender) made 31 appearances in all competitions for Belper scoring one goal.

Who will replace striker Kieran Wells?   What about Montel Gibson (19 goals for Halesowen Town last season) or Steve Hart (Quorn  -  90 goals in two seasons)

Last edited by Matchman (23/5/2020 8:07 PM)

24/5/2020 8:05 AM  #9

Hart has resigned for Quorn I think.

24/5/2020 1:20 PM  #10

Another signing announced today   

[url=https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FPmb2r8sUfx%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR3vrYEaC_SqlfTiMgVAQsEqhlJunbm1FnIbnznmGjxhUxG6Ini9_6-jceo&h=AT3fnMlZthuwZM81FZNXL9puxMcBE_oF2_4vigjHodiMgm8mvlZ4dDLi5PN_tA3PNgr1hqLRUNJPdy83PGc1V_mDipsBOAWSPDvznYJOG2Giitbwrc7ueAJw5kzcdUvFmca0VzE&__tn__=H-R&c[0][/url]

Zak Goodson (striker)

Career to Date:

Derby County           -     Zak was released at Derby after being at the club for 5 years, just missing out on apprenticeship

Long Eaton United   -      A product of the Long Eaton Academy who has progressed in to the 1st Team, scoring 15 goals at Senior Level in 22 games. He has lots of admirers from League clubs Swansea and Burnley

Basford United          -      Zak signed a 2 year deal with Basford Utd in November 2018 after excelling on trial there with 3 goals in 3 games including 2 in an FA Trophy match

• Signed for Basford in November 2018 scoring 15 goals in a season ensuring that clubs at higher level were keeping an eye on him
  • At the start of 2019/20 season Zak when out on loan to Newark Flowserve to get game time scoring 12 goals, then back at Basford for their final promotion push

Personal Details.

Height : 1.79m
Weight : 66kg
Position.Centre Forward

Strengths.

• Technique very good with a lovely first touch
  • Excellent movement across the line and in behind defenders
  • Good finisher
  • Possesses a good change of pace

Last edited by Matchman (25/5/2020 7:01 AM)

24/5/2020 6:43 PM  #11

Belper Town retweeted

Riece bertram @RieceBertram   Unfortunately my time at @BelperTownFC has come to an end.  I would like to thank all the fans for for the continued support throughout one of the best seasons i've ever had and created memories i'll never forget.  i wish everyone at the club all the best for the future and stay safe

25/5/2020 1:56 PM  #12

Zak Goodson and now NAT Watson OMG we have some great quality signings....

25/5/2020 6:41 PM  #13

Nat Watson - yet another brilliant signing. 

We wanted a top striker to replace Kieran Wells - Now we have one.

This is what Basford said when they signed him two years ago :

"Nathan has been in the Evo-Stik team of the year for two out of the last three seasons and is regarded by many as technically one of the best players in the Premier Division, so a massive coup for Basford United. Last season Watson scored 33 goals for Coalville in the Evo-Stik Northern Premier Division, including countless assists & will add to the clubs potent offensive options."

Announcement on ITFC Website :

ROBINS CAPTURE WATSON
May 25, 2020

Ilkeston have beaten off competition from several National League North clubs to sign prolific forward Nat Watson. Watson has been a top player in the Northern Premier League for a long time and is highly-rated throughout the divisions, scoring 72 times over the last three seasons. He was signed by Basford United on a two-year-deal in 2018 for an undisclosed record fee from Coalville Town, and has been named three times in the NPL team of the year in the last four seasons.

Robins head of football Mark Clifford said: “Watson was a key target for us a long time ago and get get him over the line is really pleasing. “The squad is really taking shape and the newly-released additions give us goals, experience and will certainly entertain the Ilson fans”. 

Manager Martin Carruthers added:  “Nat is not just a great player, you only have to look at his stats to see this, but he is also a great lad. He will fit right in with the group that we have retained and brought in.”

Last edited by Matchman (25/5/2020 8:39 PM)

26/5/2020 4:34 PM  #14

Ilkeston Town FC release full retained list for the upcoming season. #OneTownOneClub

No mention of Kole Lambert

Last edited by Matchman (26/5/2020 4:37 PM)

Board footera