WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/11/2020 9:48 PM  #1

Mitchell Tait

Mitchell Tait answers the following questions :

When was you told that you were being given a first team start against Hanley Town in the FA Cup? ie was it the day before, on the day, or just before kick off? 

I found out the night before the game vs Hanley that I would be in the matchday squad. I only knew I was starting as I walked into the changing rooms on the day and seen my name above the number 3 shirt.   

How did you feel?  nervous, confident,  

I felt a little nervous after seeing I was starting against Hanley Town which is probably a normal feeling to say it was only my 2nd game with the 1st team. But as soon as the game started and I made a few tackles and completed a couple of passes I grew into the game a lot more and felt much more confident. Then the week after I started again away vs Spalding and was much more confident before the game and managed to put in another decent performance

Before the game, were you given any advice by Martin Carruthers, Wayne Hallcro, Kelvin Wilson or any of the players? 

Yeah I had plenty of advice from coaches and players. I was told to enjoy it and play my own game by the players around me. And before the game I was told by the coaches that I was in the 1st team squad and starting 11 for a reason so show everyone your ability and that you can handle the step up from step 7 and youth football.   

How did you feel after being voted MOM by fans? 

It felt amazing being voted Man of the match from the fans and seeing some of the praise I was getting from them. I think it makes you want to play your best game and give 110% every game knowing that the fans will give you the praise when you deserve it but also the criticism when you don't play too good.   

Which, if any, of the Academy players do you think may be next to break into the first team? 

I think Jamie Williamson (centre back) and Ricco Spencer (attacking midfielder) will break into the 1st team pretty soon. I think they are both more than capable to play at that level and will definitely take their chance to impress whenever that maybe.      

Last edited by Matchman (11/11/2020 11:59 AM)

11/11/2020 11:56 AM  #2

Re: Mitchell Tait

It's interesting that Mitch names James Williamson and Ricco Spencer as ones to watch out for. Ricco has made one substitute appearance to my knowledge, against Alvechurch when he looked very good. He was full of tricks and was not afraid to take on defenders. I don't think that Jamie Williamson has played in the first team yet but I've seen him in a few Academy games this season and in those games he has stood out as an accomplished defender and dominant leader.
Both Ricco and Jamie are well enough thought of by ITFC management for them to be considered as first team squad players and both are available to be sponsored. 

14/11/2020 4:45 PM  #3

Re: Mitchell Tait

Williamson played some part against Notts pre season I think

Did well

Board footera