WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/12/2020 8:37 PM  #1

New Signing

'
Barnsley Midfielder Keaton Ward Signs Until The End Of The Season.

Dec 16, 2020

We can this evening confirm that Barnsley U23s player Keaton Ward will join the Robins on loan from Barnsley for the rest of the season.
Upon signing for Barnsley, the club described Keaton as a young midfielder who had impressed them at Youth Alliance level for Mansfield Town the season before.
The 20-year-old signed with the EFL Championship side following a successful trial period, signing a contract at Oakwell ahead of their 2019/20 Professional Development League campaign.
Ilkeston first team manager Martin Carruthers said: “I’m absolutely delighted to welcome Keaton to Ilkeston Town.
“It’s a real coup for the club and an exciting signing for the fans. Huge thanks go to Bobby Hasell and Gary Charles for allowing us to sign Keaton and help further his development.
“Keaton is an excellent addition to an already talented squad and can’t wait to see him in action.”

17/12/2020 9:45 PM  #2

Re: New Signing

is this something of a connection with Barnsley as in loanees in the future or is it a one off . 

21/12/2020 4:19 PM  #3

Was apparently very good at Gainsborough

I’ve been saying for a while we need a mobile defensive midfielder as we’re very easy to play through

Someone to break up play and do the dirty work. Hopefully the season resumes and he gets chance to shine

Sounds like a solid display at Gainsborough. Looking at the pics from @klsphoto they had a strong side out. Ex Harrogate / Boston striker Simon Ainge led the line with ex Boston Gregg Smith coming off the bench

Former Robins Fyfe, Baker, Orlando - Young & Campbell- Gordon all played too as did ex Mansfield midfielder Adam Chapman plus Jack Walters ex North Ferriby. So a job well done in the end

24/12/2020 5:25 PM  #4

That's it Dick a solid player who can breakup the oppositions midfield play  That seemed like what we are missing too many times we were wanting in midfield.
Wonder if there will be more loan signings in the future , I would of thought so ...

Board footera