WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/2/2021 10:23 PM  #1

Martin Carruthers

Martin Carruthers Pens New Deal With The Robins

By James Gordon

Ilkeston Town manager Martin Carruthers has signed a new two-year deal with the club.

The former Aston Villa, Stoke City and Peterborough United forward took charge at the club in November 2019.

Speaking on the club's Youtube channel, Carruthers said: "Even before the latest lockdown, I was keen to get us tied into a new deal.

"It's an amazing football club."He continued: "It gives me the confidence knowing that I can go into the new season with a good squad of players and with backing from above that will give me everything in their power to help me be successful and drive the club forwards and that's the only ambition now."

23/2/2021 3:33 PM  #2

Re: Martin Carruthers

hint of new additions maybe and a hint of out goings maybe . Watch this space then.

27/2/2021 9:42 AM  #3

NPL Show: February 24th

By James Heyes

The weekly meet up with Ben Hughes 

LISTEN HERE

This weeks NPL Show is out Speaking with Ben this week is Martin Carruthers, on his new contract extension as Manager at Ilkeston Town. And we're joined by the host of Marine's new official podcast, Tom Clarke.

27/2/2021 8:24 PM  #4

great words from our manager , like us he`s rearing to go . 

28/2/2021 9:00 AM  #5

Most people thought that the Paul Millership days could never return. But our current owners/investors have shown their intent to massively enhance the profile of the club and town. They are driving Ilkeston forward whilst also hoping to make them financially self sufficient. They have quickly earned the trust of the fans by delivering on promises of ground improvements and their latest move is to back Martin Carruthers to win promotion as quickly as possible. Of course It won't be easy but Ilkeston's supporters can look forward with optimism to watching the best efforts of our excellent management team and players. That is assuming that Covid is now behind us and the 2021-22 season brings a return to football normality.

Last edited by Matchman (28/2/2021 9:01 AM)

02/3/2021 6:18 PM  #6

even now i have to pinch myself asking the question ......Is this really happening to our local club ? Its just mind blowing 

Board footera