WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/5/2021 2:48 PM  #1

Ilkeston announce retained players

Ilkeston Town FC[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/ilkestontown_fc]@ilkestontown_fc·6m  Manager Martin Carruthers has decided on his squad for the upcoming season.
Click here to see what his thoughts are ahead of the 2021/22 campaign
 https://youtube.com/watch?v=jWkcgIr0IZ0 #OneTownOneClub  

Among last season regulars gone are Nat Watson, Jack Thomas and Joe Wilson.

Last edited by Matchman (16/5/2021 2:51 PM)

16/5/2021 3:07 PM  #2

Re: Ilkeston announce retained players

Three very good players gone then. I must say Joe was one of my favourites, a quality young player.
I see Kelvin is on the list , didn't think he was going to play. I take it that list is a players list ? 
Hopefully we can get a few more quality players in ready for pre season .

16/5/2021 4:05 PM  #3

Yes all three players who have left are good players but if they do not want to play for Ilkeston it is best that they move on. I am convinced there are a few other names missing off of the retained but it might be my age!!

16/5/2021 4:13 PM  #4

Alex Render, Kyle Bryant and James Cullingworth are missing. I presume they have left? We seem to be lacking depth at full back and we maybe we need another striker.

16/5/2021 6:05 PM  #5

As things stand it looks promising for the Under 23 lads.  Mitchell Tait has proved that he is very capable of stepping up and I'm confident that Jamie Williamson would do the same if injuries give him the chance. I'm guessing Alex Render was let go because of how much the Club rate Jamie. Opportunities for Ayleal Dill and Ricco Spencer will be more scarce but they will get their chance.

Nat Watson leaving creates a big chance for Mason Lee and Kole Lambert to establish themselves.

Jack Thomas will be difficult to replace from the current squad.

Board footera