WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/5/2021 7:55 PM  #1

Wingers, Tendai Chitiza and Cosmos Matwasa re-sign for Stamford

TENDAI COMMITS TO THE DANIELS    BY STAMFORD AFC    2 DAYS AGO 

Stamford are pleased to announce that Tendai Chitiza has agreed a contract with the club. 

Manager Graham Drury quotes:  Following the signing of Cosmos Matwasa it was just as important to get our other quality winger signed up.  Tendai has become a fans dream with his pace and skill, not forgetting his eye for important goals.  Like with Cos, Tendai and I have a really good relationship and with that a lot of trust in each other, I'm over the moon to get him signed up for another season.
He's another player like Cos who could play higher and wants to try and achieve that with Stamford, he understands that he must keep his standards high and try and improve his stats with goals scored and assists over the last 2 seasons. His stats have been really good but he wants to improve them and that can only be good for Stamford and the team. I am so chuffed to get theses 2 players tied down for next season.

28/5/2021 8:24 PM  #2

Re: Wingers, Tendai Chitiza and Cosmos Matwasa re-sign for Stamford

JORDON COOKE SADLY DEPARTS FROM STAMFORD AFC
BY STAMFORD AFC   14 HOURS AGO

Committed player 'Jordon Cooke' will no longer be with us for the new season.  Graham Drury had the following to say about 'Cookie'.  Sadly Jordon Cooke will no longer be with us for the new season. With the change in the league he just can't commit to the extra travel. Jordon is the northernmost player we have and with teams like Histon, Cambridge, Halesowen, Corby, Yaxley, Soham etc it's just not possible for him with his work commitments.

I personal want to thank Cookie, he's been with the club over the last 3 seasons with a short spell away playing at a higher level at Matlock Town, which he went with my blessing. It didn't work out at Matlock but it just shows what a good relationship I have with the kid when he picked the phone up and asked if he could return. I had all of 30 seconds to think about it but it was a very easy decision. 

He's a quality player and such a top lad, I will miss him around the place and on the pitch too. I can speak for the whole club in saying we wish him well at his new club and in life in general, he deserves all the success in both. Cookie's been nothing but committed to us, never missed training or matches.  He's put a lot of time into this club and a lot of travel too.

Board footera