WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/5/2021 7:47 PM  #1

Ilkeston sign striker

NEW SIGNING !

Welcome former Notts County and Grantham Town striker Remaye Campbell (
@remaye09) to The Robins! #OneTownOneClub  

Remaye Orvil Kelvin Campbell is an English professional footballer who plays as a forward for English club Ilkeston Town. Wikipedia
Born7 July 2000 (age 20 years), Nottingham   Height1.85     Weight75 kg

Remaye Campbell  Personal information
Full name                Remaye Orvil Kelvin Campbell[1
Date of birth            7 July 2000 (age 20)
Place of birth           Nottingham, England
Height                       1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)
Position(s)                Forward

Club information
Current teamGrantham Town
Youth career Notts County
Senior career     Years            Team                              Apps     (Goals)
                          2018–2020       Notts County                   3             0
                          2018             Grantham Town (loan)     1             0
                          2019–2020→   Grantham Town (loan)   22             3  

Last edited by Matchman (28/5/2021 8:13 PM)

29/5/2021 8:45 AM  #2

Re: Ilkeston sign striker

We’re back up to strength and ready to challenge for promotion  

Leavers :
       Nat Watson,
       Jack Thomas,                          
       Joe Wilson  

Incoming,  : 
       Remaye Campbell,                
       Charlie Wakefield,                 
       James Carvell   

This was probably our best Xl last season: 
1, Ross Durrant, 2, Joe Wilson, 3, Billy Bennett, 4, Jack Thomas, 5, Joe Maguire, 6, Kieran Fenton, 7, Zak Goodson, 8, Ollie Brown-Hill, 9, Alex Troke, 10, Nat Watson, 11, James Reid   

Will this be our starting XI this season?
1, Ross Durrant, 2, James Carvell, 3, Billy Bennett, 4, Charlie Wakefield, 5, Joe Maguire, 6, Kieran Fenton, 7, Zak Goodson, 8, Ollie Brown-Hill, 9, Alex Troke, 10, Remaye Campbell, 11, James Reid.

30/5/2021 6:31 AM  #3

New Boy Campbell has promotion in mind

May 29, 2021

New Ilkeston Town signing Remaye Campbell believes promotion is a real possibility for the Robins next season. The 20-year-old striker has joined up with Martin Carruthers’ squad having been released by Notts County, a loan spell at Grantham Town having been his most recent port of call. And he’s now delighted to be part of the setup at the New Manor Ground. He said: “The gaffer messaged me to come down for training about about three weeks ago now to have a look at me. I guess I impressed and it’s kind of gone quickly from there to be honest. “The facilities for a club at this level are unreal and now with the 4G you can’t really go wrong. The manager was also a big factor because I know him and I know he’ll push to get the best out of me in the right way.”  

Campbell made just one senior appearance at Notts County, that being in a League Cup tie against Middlesbrough, but cites his time at Meadow Lane, as well as the coaches he worked with there, as being a huge benefit to his career.  He said: “Obviously being at a pro team is everyone’s dream and it helps a lot because you’re training everyday with quality players, so I think it’s helped me with the tactical and positional side of the game.  “My biggest influences I would say were my U16 coach who moved me from centre midfield to a striker, and then my U18s coach because he worked hard with me to get the best out of me. There was Kevin Nolan too because he was the first manager to give me a chance and believe in me to give me my first pro contract.” 

Two loan spells at Grantham Town continued to aid Campbell’s development, including three goals for the Gingerbreads in the 2019/20 season.  He said: “I feel like I’ve come to grips with how the game’s played at this level now and hopefully I can kick on this year and score a lot of goals and win a lot of games with Ilkeston.  “The fans can expect a hard-working striker that will put his body about and be a handful for the defenders and hopefully chip in with some goals too.  “I think we will do really well this season. The goal has to be to get promoted.” 

30/5/2021 8:27 AM  #4

The Gaffer must know this player well enough to sign him on . Like the sound of him being hard working. Strikers closing down defenders quickly stops attacks.
Perfect example were I was soooooo frustrated was Leek away. Strikers weren't closing down the defence quick. And when they did they never thought of making the opposition play on their weaker foot. Leeks defender was pinging long balls to players with ease .
   So you can see why I have picked up on the hard working bit.

30/5/2021 2:02 PM  #5

Looks a good signing and has youth on his side! He must be looking to impress at Ilkeston so he can maybe get back into the Football League.

02/6/2021 5:21 PM  #6

I went down to the ground today to see how the 4G pitch was progressing.  I was speaking to one of the workmen about football and he told me that he watches Grantham Town so I asked him what he thought of our new signing, Remaye Campbell. This is what he said.  "I've seen him miss some chances but he's really fast, that's his strength."

So, if like me, you looked at his goals per game ratio (3 goals in 22 appearances in the 2019-20 season) and thought it seemed a bit on the low side for a striker, do not fret. His speed should create goals for others as well as himself. 

02/6/2021 8:52 PM  #7

A bit on the low side i would say it IS on the low side BUT he is coming down a level ( just ) plus like you say his speed will be a big factor . As long as he chases the back four down as he said he`s a hard worker that will do for me 

Board footera