WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/6/2021 3:48 PM  #1

My top ten prediction

Just for fun and with limited knowledge  - this is my prediction of how the Northern Premier League : Midlands Division, 2021-22 season could pan out with Ilkeston just missing out on the playoffs.
Hope I'm wrong. In my opinion, all of my top eight are capable of promotion

Champions :      Stamford
2nd             :      Belper Town
3rd              :      Halesowen Town
4th              :      Corby Town
5th              :      Spalding United
6th              :      Ilkeston Town
7th              :      Loughborough Dynamo
8th              :      Carlton Town
9th              :      Chasetown
10th            :      Shepshed Dynamo

Last edited by Matchman (08/6/2021 9:49 AM)

08/6/2021 9:48 AM  #2

Re: My top ten prediction

Lower half mainly based on ppg over last 2 seasons

points per game
                                                        last two seasons

11th     Bedworth United                       1.6857           
12th     Sutton Coldfield                        1.5278
13th     Cambridge City                         1.5000 
14th     Yaxley                                       1.4857
15th     Histon                                        1.4839
16th     Daventry Town                          1.4444
17th     Sporting Khalsa                  Promoted from Step 5
18th     Soham Town Rangers               1.2571
19th     Coleshill Town                           1.2500
20th     Wisbech                                    0.5676

08/6/2021 10:24 PM  #3

I think Ilkeston will get in the play offs at least and I think you have been a bit generous with Spalding United but I have been known to be wrong before and I can see the bookmakers now being flooded with bets on the Tulips from Spalding to win the league!
To be honest I do not thin you will be far out! I think I can feel a 'guess the final positions'  competition coming on here!

09/6/2021 6:55 AM  #4

Spalding appear to be having a promotion tilt after making a few decent signings including 27 year old Marcus Maddison who was playing in the Football League last season.   

#jeffbet placed them second favourites at 6/1 so it looks like Spalding fans are backing the team. 

A few good signings can make a huge difference as Newcastle Town proved last season after finishing 17th in the previous season. 

I hope the people of Spalding respond to the club’s efforts by attending matches. Gates have been around the 160 mark while they’ve been struggling but a winning side could double that. 

The team that I feel I could have placed too high is Shepshed. I hope they do well but it’s difficult to judge how they will fare at this higher level.

Last edited by Matchman (09/6/2021 6:56 AM)

11/6/2021 1:39 PM  #5

I am same with you guys on the league status . Stamford and Belper stand out the most for me. The new teams we play this season , not sure of .
Us ? cant really say as the players we have brought in we cant really read into them, look good on paper but we havee seen that before . Its not if they have played in non league for while is it but they do look like they should be at a slightly higher level , but like i have said we have seen and heard that before. 
My main concern last season we looked to leak goals mainly from a counter attack , mainly through the middle . 
Where will we finish ? Hard one that , but i think 6th ......Certainly hope i am wrong and the team rammed that down my throat ...

Board footera