WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/6/2021 12:38 PM  #1

Drury Continues to Build Stamford Squad

Graham Drury Continues To Build Stamford Squad

 about 2 hours ago   By James Gordon

Manager Graham Drury continues to build his Stamford squad with the re-signings of Connor Bartle and Joe Burgess.  Drury told the club's website: "Bartle came to the decision that he just couldn't leave the club he loves. He's enjoyed every minute of his time here and when offers from other teams come in, he just tells them straight away, he's signing for Stamford. "Connor has been brilliant for us since day one, he's a leader and has an unbelievable left foot. His assists are high and he enjoys setting goals up for his teammates. He can also chip in with a goal or two. I'm so chuffed with the way he conducts himself on and off the pitch, I feel this is another top signing for us."

"Joe Burgess has played centre midfield most of his time for us, I feel he's one hell of a full-back with his energy to get forward and his ability to cross a ball. He will be another key member of this squad going into 2021/22.  "Joe, like a few of our lads, turned down a silly offer from a club at this level and a decent offer from a level above. Joe also has an eye for goals and has been our top scorer before. I believe having him as our full-back will add plenty to the team. 

"Once again unbelievable commitment from another top lad and top player. I honestly can't thank my players enough for sticking with the team and to be playing for me again this season."

11/6/2021 8:43 AM  #2

Re: Drury Continues to Build Stamford Squad

LOCAL LAD FOLLOWING IN HIS FATHERS FOOTSTEPS
BY STAMFORD AFC   14 HOURS AGO

Drury nets local lad to join the squad.

Today (09/06/2021) we caught up with the Gaffer to get an update on player signings.

Drury quotes: "I'm really pleased to announce the signing of all action centre midfielder Joe Butterworth. Joe played in 3 of the 4 games back in April and really impressed not just myself and management but also the players. He's mixed in with this group and really showed that he will bring even more quality to this team. Joe can also play right back and will give us cover in that area as and when needed.

Joes Dad was a very good player for Stamford and Peterborough Utd back in the day, I know Joe will bring just as much quality as his Dad Garry did.

Joe played at step 4 for Yaxley last season and was the stand out player, he cant wait to get stuck in and show the Stamford fans his talent, I'm chuffed to get this deal done. Welcome to the Stammo family Joe". 

20/6/2021 8:04 AM  #3

Re: Drury Continues to Build Stamford Squad

BIG MAN WITH BIG ASPIRATIONS RETURNS   BY STAMFORD AFC    2 HOURS AGO

Top goal scorer at the club for the last 2 seasons returns looking not to just repeat his goal return but to go one better and aim to be league top scorer.

Gaffer says
Having Tom Siddons back again is massive for us, not only has he shown what a good finisher he is but also what a good team player. He's a popular lad in the changing room with his dry humour and the way he's so laid back and calm, you can see this side of him in front of goal, patient and deadly. 
I have worked with Sids now for the last couple of seasons and built a real trust factor, he knows how much I appreciate him not just as a player but also as a person. He's grown to love the club, it matches Sids as a person, honest and trustworthy and that goes a long way with Sids knowing the club tries and supports the lads on and off the pitch. 
With Sids, you back him for 20 goals+ a season and I know he wouldn't be happy if he was hitting figures below that like all good strikers form dips in front of goal at times and this is where the trust of a manager and player comes together. I feel you have to back a player when it's not going right because with a player like Sids you come to the end of the season with the rewards for them all to see.

Board footera